Today we are looking at the latest power supply from BeQuiet!, the Pure Power L8. We analyse the 400W model which features an ultra low noise SilentWings fan and 80 Plus Bronze certification. These designs can deliver around 90% of their total power on the +12V rail. The Pure Power 8 range features six safety circuits and Taiwanese capacitors with a product warranty covering three years.
The bequiet! Pure Power L8 range of power supplies are a new non modular series targeting the widest audience at the lowest possible price. Previous models in the family had a ‘CM’ moniker after the name, this stood for Cable Management which was basically a fancy way of saying ‘modular’.
Dedicated gamers will probably be looking at the Pure Power L8 600W and 700W models, which are competitively priced at £67 and £76 respectively.
- Exceptionally quiet operation achieved through an array of careful optimizations, including use of a silence-optimized 120mm be quiet! fan with durable Rifle-Bearing-Technology.
- 400 Watts of continuous power and stronger +12V rails provide massive power reserves for those times your PC really needs it all.
- 80PLUS Bronze certification and up to 88% power conversion efficiency let you do more work with the same power and reduce your power bills.
- Sleeved cable lengths for improved cooling and more attractive appearance.
- Extensive compatibility with latest specifications, including energy-saving requirements of Intel C6/C7, ErP2013 and Energy Star 5.2 guidelines. Ready for Intel Haswell platform.
- German product conception, design and quality control.