Today we take a look at a budget oriented power supply from Corsair, sitting within the company’s CX range. These power supplies are 80 Plus Bronze rated and ship with Japanese capacitors in the primary stage. As with everything Corsair related in 2020, these power supplies are RGB capable and they are available in black or white colour schemes.
KitGuru doesn’t often get Bronze rated power supplies to review, most companies tend to focus on 80 Plus Gold or higher in 2020 for product reviews, so I was surprised to be sent one of these. It is, however, a fully modular unit, which is good to see as this eliminates any unnecessary cable clutter.
There are three models in the range, with Corsair offering a 550W, 650W and 750W supply. Prices are set at £69.99, £79.99 and £89.99 respectively.
- 80 PLUS Bronze Certified: Provides up to 88% operational efficiency, generating less heat and lowering your energy costs.
- 120mm RGB Fan: Control eight individually addressable RGB LEDs at the push of a button, with ten preset lighting modes.
- Available in Black or Brilliant White, with Matching Cables: Match the look of your system.
- iCUE and Motherboard RGB Compatible: Connect to a CORSAIR iCUE RGB Lighting Controller (sold separately) or motherboard via the included 5V ARGB adapter for advanced RGB lighting control.
- Optimized for Low Noise: A dedicated fan curve is specially calculated to keep noise levels down.
- 105°C Rated Japanese Primary Capacitors: For consistent, reliable power and superb electrical performance.
- Microsoft Modern Standby Support: Enables extremely fast wake-from-sleep times and better low-load efficiency.
- Fully Modular: Reduce cable clutter by only connecting the cables that your system needs.
- Compact 140mm-Long Casing: Ensures an easy fit in almost all modern enthusiast PC cases.
- Five-Year Warranty: For complete peace of mind.