Today marks the launch of the new Ryzen 5 line of processors from AMD. If you've been living under a rock for the past month, these are the cheaper hex-core and quad-core chips that slot in under Ryzen 7 in the family hierarchy. Chillblast were very quick to send us a system based on the Ryzen 5 1600, and when coupled with a GTX 1070, could this be a real winner?
The Chillblast Fusion Hex is definitely the most affordable PC with a hex-core processor I have seen in a long while. Priced at £1319.99, this system has the potential to be a winner with those who want to game as well as run multi-threaded software. Read on for our full review, including a look at the system itself, analysis of its computational performance, and how it runs some of the latest games.
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5T Case – Black & Red
- Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 Motherboard
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU, 6 Cores, 3.2 – 3.6GHz
- Cooler Master MasterLiquid 120 CPU Cooler
- Corsair 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
- Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card
- 250GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive
- Seagate 2TB BarraCuda 7200RPM Hard Disk
- Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 80 PLUS White 600W PSU
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- 5 Year Warranty, 2 Years Collect & Return
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here