Noontec aren’t a very well known company in the United Kingdom but they have a fairly broad range of products available. We recently looked at their MovieHome V8 NAS Media Player which was sadly a little disappointing. A lack of features and substandard software interface put a stop to a recommendation.
Today we are going to look at another product from Noontec’s range, the A9 Smart TV Box. We were initially a little worried that it would suffer from the same clunky user interface as the MovieHome V8 but we were pleasantly surprised to see Android 2.3 on the specification. Lets see if the A9 succeeds where the MovieHome V8 did not!
Our sample of the Noontec A9 was supplied with the optional M100 wireless multimedia keyboard.
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- CPU: Cortex-A8
- CPU Frequency: 1.2 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB (DDR)
- NAND Flash: 4 GB
- GPU: Vivante GC800, support OpenGL ES 2.0 and Open VG
- Hardware Decoding: Cevo MM3000, Multi-format full-HD video decoder
- WIFI: 802.11b/g/n
- Remote Control: Wireless keyboard mouse
- USB input: USB host x2
- Card: 2 in 1 card reader, SD/SDHC/MMC
- Video Output: HDMI, AV
- Audio Output: Stereo R/L, optical, HDMI
- Video Codec: MPEG-1/2/4, H.263, H.264, XVID, RV, AVS, VC-1, VP8
- Video File Support: MKV, AVI, MP4, 3GP, MPG, VOB, RMVB?RM, FLV, TS, WEBM, WMV, ASF
- Audio File Support: MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, M4A, OGG, FLAC, APE
- Photo File Support: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, JPEG
- Dimensions: 189.7 x 189.7 x 26.4 (LxWxH)
- Product Weight: 600g