You get a number of clues about the Aerocool Dead Silence DS200 just from reading the name. This is a mid-tower ATX case that promises your new gaming PC build will be very quiet. I know the name says ‘Dead Silent' but the marketing material actually refers to Super Silent. Yes those are capital letters and yes that is a bold claim that we will examine during this review.
The Aerocool brand name makes it a safe bet they haven't forgotten about cooling and to that end the DS200 comes with a 140mm fan at the front and 120mm fan at the rear.
We were initially told that the price of the Aerocool Dead Silence DS200 would be £80+, putting it up directly against the likes of the excellent Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Just before going to press today however, Aerocool us that the price will be set at £74.99 in the United Kingdom – which on paper makes it appear very competitive indeed.
Aerocool Dead Silence DS200 Specifications:
- Motherboard support: ATX, Micro-ATX, Mini-ITX.
- Expansion slots: 7.
- Included fans: 1x 140mm front intake, 1x 120mm rear exhaust.
- Fan mounts: 2x 140mm/120mm front, 2x 140/120mm or 1x 200mm roof, 1x 120mm rear.
- 5.25″ drive bays: 2.
- Internal drive bays: 5x 3.5/2.5″, 2x 2.5″.
- Dimensions: 527mm high x 485mm deep x 210mm wide.