ASRock have made a name for themselves in the past few years, releasing some very impressive motherboards such as the Fatal1ty 990FX Professional that we reviewed a few months back. They have a wide range of motherboards across multiple platforms, from mini-ITX HTPC motherboards to high-end ATX boards with a myriad of features and extreme overclocking support.
Intel released their new Z77 chipset a few weeks back and ASRock have come up with a whole host of motherboards incorporating it. Today we will be looking at the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 motherboard which fits in near the top of their range of Z77 motherboards. It promises a plentiful feature set and good overclocking support.
Today, the embargo breaks on Intel's latest range of ‘Ivy Bridge' processors which replace the existing Sandy Bridge parts on the market. We will be using the Intel Core i7-3770K to review the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 motherboard. It is clocked at 3.50GHz, meaning it's a direct replacement for the i7-2700K which we will be using for comparison purposes in this review.
- Premium Gold Caps
- Digi Power Design, 8 + 4 Power Phase Design
- Supports Dual Channel DDR3 2800+(OC)
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots, 1 x mini-PCI Express slot
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™, CrossFireX™ and NVIDIA® Quad SLI™, SLI™
- PCIE Gigabit LAN
- Supports Intel® HD Graphics with Built-in Visuals
- Multi VGA Output options: D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort
- Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O.)
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC898 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio™
- Supports ASRock XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast USB, OMG, Internet Flash, UEFI System Browser
- Supports Intel® Smart Connect, Intel® Rapid Start, Lucid Virtu Universal MVP
- Free Bundle : 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel, 1 x Rear USB 3.0 Bracket, CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, ASRock MAGIX Multimedia Suite
For more detailed information on the features and specification of the ASRock Z77 Extreme6, please visit the ASRock website here.