Last updated on June 7th, 2013 at 03:35 pm
It would have been difficult to miss Intel’s launch of Haswell last weekend. On launch day we looked at the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC and the ASUS Z87 Sabertooth motherboards and today we analyse the latest high end board from MSI – The Z87 MPower MAX. This is priced a little higher than the other boards we have looked at so far – around £219.95 inc vat.
Today we pair the MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX board up with an AMD Radeon HD7990, 16Gb of Corsair 2,400mhz memory and the Intel Core i7 4770k. We also test later with new G.Skill memory rated at 2,933mhz.
Is this a good overclocking board and is it worth your hard earned cash?
MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Overview:
- Supports 4th Gen Intel Core / Pentium / Celeron processors for LGA 1150 socket
- Supports DDR3-3000(OC) Memory
- Supports USB 3.0 + SATA 6Gb/s
- 20 Phase DigitALL Power Design
- Multi-GPU: NVIDIA SLI & AMD CrossFire Support
- OC Certified: Military Class Burn-in Test Passed
- Military Class 4: Top Quality & Stability
- OC Genie 4: Overclock in 1 Second
- Click BIOS 4: Easily Fine-tune Your System
- PCI Express Gen 3: World’s 1st PCI Express Gen 3 Motherboard Brand
- Audio Boost: Reward Your Ears with True Quality
- Killer Ethernet: Kill Your Lag
- Sound Blaster Cinema: Realistic Surround Sound Experience
- Lucid Virtu MVP 2.0: Uncompromised Game Response Performance
- Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.0, Intel Wireless Display