We recently analysed the new Fractal Design Ion+ 660P power supply, and today we follow up with the big brother of the family – the Ion+ 860P (860 watt). These new power supplies are Platinum rated, fully modular and ship with Fractals’ new ‘UltraFlex DC Cables’. They are all single +12V designs.
As we noted in our previous Ion+ review, Fractal are attempting to bring Platinum power supplies to a larger audience, by lowering price points noticeably. The 860P model is priced at £124.99/$129.99. There are three other models in the range, a 560P (£94.99/$99.99), a 660P (£104.99/$109.99) and a 760p (£114.99/$119.99).
Their OEM of choice for these units is High Power.
One of the companies key focus points for these new units are the aforementioned UltraFlex DC cables. These are high stand count cables with specially formulated insulation which make it possible to reduce the conductors to just 0.08mm in diameter without loss of efficiency or current capacity.
- Fractal Design UltraFlex DC wires have game-changing flexibility for effortless cable-routing and connectors that
twist and bend to fit your installation
- Custom-tailored Dynamic Series 140 mm fan with exceptionally low minimum speed and true long-life FDB bearing
- 80 PLUS® Platinum Efficiency for optimized electrical performance and reduced heat generation
- User selectable Zero RPM mode allows for either silent, passive operation in low load situations or continuous low
speed fan operation for additional cooling
- Outstanding output quality with tight voltage regulation and extremely low noise and ripple
- Fully modular design for reduced clutter and maximum ease of installation
- Premium Japanese 105°C capacitors provide enhanced reliability and durability
- Compact 150 mm depth easily fits compact spaces, allowing extra headroom for cable management
- Full electrical protection suite includes Over Power Protection, Over Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection,
Under Voltage Protection, Over Current Protection and Over Temperature Protection
- Extra-long 600 mm 24-pin ATX cable and 700 mm 4+4 pin cable
- Extensive 10 year warranty