We have reviewed a handful of high end Super Flower power supplies in recent years, even focusing on several EVGA units featuring Super Flower as an OEM partner. All of the units have scored extremely well in our tests, combining stellar technical proficiency, good build quality with competitive pricing. Today we look at their latest Leadex II 1000W unit, which is fully modular and 80 Plus Gold Certified.
For those of you new to the brand, Super Flower are a Taiwan based organisation that was founded in 1991 and they produce computer cases, power supplies and accessories. They have worked as an OEM power supply partner for well known companies such as NZXT, Kingwin and EVGA in recent years.
As we will see shortly from the retail packaging, this particular unit is 230V 80 Plus Gold Certified as well as 115V 80 Plus Gold Certified. Many power supplies you will buy in the United Kingdom only get 115V certification, so this is interesting to note. Super Flower are supplying this particular range of units in capacities ranging between 650W and 1200W. They state that they can supply their power within a 50c environment continuously.
For added peace of mind, Super Flower offer a full Seven year warranty, which while commendable falls way short of the recent Seasonic warranty announcement of 12 years. These units are available in black (such as our review sample), or white if you wish to coordinate with a fancy new white case from the likes of Phanteks or NZXT.
Super Flower Leadex II 1000W 80 Plus Gold Overview:
- 100% Full Modular Cabling Design For Easy Cable Management
- 80 PLUS ® 115V & 230V EU Gold Certified
- 100% Japanese 105 degree Capacitors (Main Board)
- 100% Taiwan A Grade 105 degree Capacitors (Modular Backpanel)
- Full Range Auto Voltage Detection Design 115V~240V (Active PFC)
- Additional 150W solid and sustainable power output under 230V
- Comply With ATX 12V. V2.32 & EPS 12V. V2.92 Specification
- Comply With Energy Star Standard & EuP (Energy Using Products) Regulation
- Over Voltage Protection / Over Current Protection / Over Power Protection / Short Circuit Protection / Under Voltage Protection / Over Temperature Protection
- Support All Intel/AMD Multi-Core CPU & ATX/BTX Compatible Motherboards (Haswell ready)
- Support NVIDIA® SLI™ & ATI CrossFireX™ High Performance Graphic Card
- Patented Easy To Use & Install Crystal Clear Cube Connectors with LED On/Off Switch
- More than 2,000 times On/Off test
- Unleaded Green Materials with RoHS/WEEE Compliance
- Perfect For Professional & High Performance Gaming System
- Seven Year Warranty.
Review photography handled in house at KitGuru with a Leica S series medium format camera and S series prime lens. Do not use any of these images without our permission.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here