Today we look at the Plextor M6e Black Edition. This SSD product supports PCI Express Gen 2 x 2 and potentially delivers more performance than a simple SATA 3 capable Solid State Drive. Rated sequential speeds of the Plextor M6e Black Edition are said to hit 770MB/s. It uses the latest Marvell 88SS9183 controller alongside Toshiba synchronous Toggle NAND flash memory.
For database heavy application, the M6E Black Edition is said to shine. Plextor claim 100,000+ IOPS performance and for those aiming for maximum workstation performance, it is boot capable. Plextor are offering the drive in 128GB, 256GB and 512GB capacities – with a full five year warranty for peace of mind.
Plextor sent us the mid capacity 256GB unit which is rated to 770 MB/s read, and 580 MB/s write. The 512GB version offers slightly better sequential write performance – at 625MB/s, while the 128GB model pays a rather severe write performance penalty, dropping to 335MB/s.
Plextor M6e Black Edition Features
- Supports PCI Express Gen 2 x 2. Sequential read/write speeds of the M6e Black Edition to 770/625 MB/s. Random read/ write speeds also broke through the 105K/100K IOPS barrier.
- Supports S.M.A.R.T. and TRIM commands.
- Supports bootable device, and supports UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot up.
- Supports AHCI mode
- High performance cooling fin design
- Supports standard SATA external power cable
- Supports external cable for SSD access lighting cues
- Comes in 128 / 256 / 512 GB capacities
- Full 5-year warranty