Zotac is mostly known for its wide range of Graphics cards. In this review we take a look at something a bit different in the form of the ZBOX Magnus. This is a bare bones PC available in a wide range of specifications which allows users to add in their own DDR4 RAM and 2.5” or M.2 drive. Zotac claim that the Magnus EK/ER series is the number 1 mini gaming PC in size to performance ratio. With the ER51060 model selling at a MSRP of £699, Can this little PC stand up to the big claims?
Watch via our VIMEO Channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
Specification of the ER51060:
- Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 (quad core 3.2GHz, up to 3.4GHz)
- System Memory: 2 x DDR4-2400/2133 SODIMM Slots (up to 32GB)
- Graphics: ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 192-bit
- Video Output: HDMI 2.0b, 3 x DisplayPort 1.4, DL-DVI-D
- Storage: Hard Drive 1 x 2.5-inch SATA 6.0 Gbps HDD/SSD bay
- M.2: 1 x M.2 NVMe PCIE x4 / SATAIII SSD slot (22/42,22/60,22/80)
- Card Reader: 3-in-1 (SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- Audio: Microphone, Headphone
- USB Port: 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C ,1 x USB 3.1 ,4 x USB 3.0
- LAN: Dual Gigabit LAN
- Antenna: 1 x WiFI SMA connector
- Wifi: 802.11ac/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- Kensington Lock: Yes
- Power Supply: AC Adapter, O/P: DC 19.5V/230W
- Cooling system: Fan + Heatsink
- ZBOX Dimensions: 225mm x 203mm x 128mm (8.86in x 7.99in x 5.04in)
- Box contents: WiFi antenna AC Adapter,Power Cord, Warranty Card, User Manual, Quick Install Guide, USB drive with O/S driver, Driver Disc
- Small form factor but powerful.
- Lots of connectivity for peripherals and monitors.
- Customization options for RAM & Drives.
- Looks clean and sleek.
- Noisy under load.
- Gets hot when gaming.
Kitguru says: The Zotac ZBOX Magnus can get a little warm under load but is a powerful PC that provides great gaming performance – all in a small package.