Here at KitGuru we have reviewed a few Chromebooks in our time, but never a Chromebox. It is with interest, then, that we look at ASUS’ new Chromebox 2-G084U. Featuring a Broadwell Celeron CPU and 4GB RAM crammed into a tiny form-factor, is this a compelling option for someone after the ChromeOS experience?
Competitively priced at £199.99, the ASUS Chromebox 2-G084U also ships with a wireless keyboard and mouse bundle. That means all you need is a monitor to hook the Chromebox up to – ASUS supply everything else, including a VESA mount. That being said, how good is the thing? We take a look at its design, build quality and performance before giving our verdict.
- CPU: Intel Celeron 3215U, 1.7GHz
- RAM: 4GB DDR3L
- Storage: 16GB SSD
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
- WiFi: Intel Dual Band 802.11ac + Bluetooth
- OS: ChromeOS
- Dimensions: 12.4cm x 12.4cm x 4.2cm
- Front Connectivity: 2x USB 3.0
- Side Connectivity: 1x SD reader, 1x Kensington lock
- Rear Connectivity: 1x Ethernet, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 1x DisplayPort, 1x headset jack