We’re seeing more adventurous machines emerging from big-brand firms these days – and the MSI Vortex G25 is one of the best that’s appeared in recent months. It’s one of the smallest systems we’ve ever seen and, despite that, it crams in an Intel Core i7 processor and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card.
The downside, though, seems to be the price. The MSI Vortex G25 tips the scales at £1,885. That’s much more than you’ll pay for a full-size system with similar components. Is the G25 still worth a look? Let’s find out.
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 (3.2Ghz – 4.6GHz)
- CPU cooling: Bespoke low-profile cooler
- Motherboard: Bespoke MSI Z370
- Memory: 16B Kingston 2,400MHz DDR4
- Graphics Chipset: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
- Graphics cooling: Bespoke low-profile cooler
- Storage: 256GB Samsung PM871a SSD, 1TB Hitachi TravelStar 7K1000 hard disk
- Case: bespoke MSI SFF
- Front ports: 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 x HDMI, 2 x audio
- Rear ports: 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Thunderbolt 1 x Gigabit Ethernet, 1 x optical S/PDIF
- Networking: Gigabit Ethernet, Killer dual-band 802.11ac WiFi
- Dimensions: 331 x 279 x 43mm
- Weight: 2.5kg
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Warranty: 1yr RTB
Total cost £1,885 inc vat.