Home / Tech News / Featured Announcement / Leaked meeting reveals Sony will no longer bring single-player games to PC

Leaked meeting reveals Sony will no longer bring single-player games to PC

While Sony had been increasingly dipping its toes into the PC gaming space, recent reports claimed that the console maker would be pulling back from the sector, with its first-party single player titles no longer being ported to the PC platform. Though yet to be officially announced, known insider Jason Schreier has now ‘confirmed’ that PlayStation’s Hermen Hulst informed staff of this strategy change during a recent Town Hall meeting.

As reported by Schreier: “PlayStation studio business CEO Hermen Hulst told staff in a town hall Monday morning that the company's narrative single-player games will now be PlayStation exclusive, confirming Bloomberg's reporting from earlier this year.”

Sony PC

Reports about this first started popping up back in March. Shortly following its publication, Sony themselves added fuel to the fire when they began removing most mentions of PC from its website.

Of course, this should all be taken with a pinch of salt for now, but considering that Sony’s single-player titles have not been performing too well on the PC platform (especially compared to their live-service efforts) alongside the fact that the next Xbox could run Steam natively, it perhaps makes sense that PlayStation would want to reprioritise its releases.

KitGuru says: What do you think of this u-turn? Does it make sense? Why do you think Sony are changing course? Let us know down below.

Become a Patron!

Check Also

ThatGameCompany Children of the Light

Sky: Children of the Light surpasses 300 million downloads as ThatGameCompany celebrates 20th anniversary

Celebrating the studio’s 20th anniversary, ThatGameCompany revealed that Sky: Children of the Light has surpassed 300 million downloads.