Kitguru has been working with AMD on creating a bespoke custom system we nicknamed ‘The BEHEMOTH' (see more HERE). This project creation took many hundreds of man hours and captured the attention of a large audience. When the project was completed AMD decided we should give it away to one lucky Kitguru reader. We had thousands of entries for the chance to win this, and one lucky chap – Cameron Marples ended up winning this £22,000 monster PC.
Shipping a system weighing close to 50KG isn't easy, and after the UPS shipping disaster with the Seasonic system, we decided to keep the competition inside the UK and drive the system ourselves by car to Cameron. At least this way we knew it wouldn't get destroyed.
James filmed the handover so we can share with our readers today. If you missed it all be sure to check out all the AMD BEHEMOTH system content over HERE
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
Building two systems with individual custom cooling loops and 30, yes THIRTY(!), fans in one system was never going to be an easy task. However, we relish the challenge here at KitGuru and always see a project build through to the end. AMD Behemoth is possibly one of the most difficult builds we have done, with two very high spec systems, dual custom cooling loops, 30 Corsair LL120 fans and some of our own modifications and customisations to give it a unique appearance. It looks stunning now it is complete.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
- Motherboard: Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Xtreme
- Memory: 64GB (8 x 8GB modules) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz C16
- Graphics Card: Gigabyte RX 6900 XT Gaming OC
- Storage 1: 2TB Corsair MP600 Core PCIe Gen4 M.2 NVMe SSD
- Storage 2: 4TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5” SATA SSD
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1600i
- Chassis: Corsair Obsidian 1000D
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- Motherboard: Gigabyte X570I Aorus Pro WiFi
- Memory: 32GB (2 x 16GB modules) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 4000MHz C16
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Reference Edition
- Storage 1: 1TB Corsair MP600 Core PCIe Gen4 M.2 NVMe SSD
- Storage 2: 2TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5” SATA SSD
- Power Supply: Corsair SF750
- Pump/res: 2 x Hydro X XD5 RGB Pump/Reservoir Combos
- Radiators: Hydro X XR7/XR5 480mm/420mm Water Cooling Radiators
- GPU Water blocks: Hydro X XG7 RGB RX 6900 Reference Edition / EK-Quantum Vector Master RX 6800XT/6900XT D-RGB
- Fittings: XF Hardline 14mm OD
- Tubing: XT Hardline 14mm Tubing — Satin Transparent
- System Fans: 18 x Corsair LL120 RGB, 12 x Corsair LL140 RGB
Learn more about AMD:
Radeon 6000 series: https://www.amd.com/en/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series
Ryzen Threadripper: https://www.amd.com/en/products/ryzen-threadripper
Follow AMD on social media:
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
KitGuru says: We hope you have enjoyed the AMD Behemoth series as much as we have enjoyed building the system. Congratulations to Cameron for being the lucky person to enjoy this system for many years to come!