Today we are looking at the beautifully designed, incredibly lightweight Huawei MateBook X Pro (2018) notebook. While it’s not the latest in the MateBook family, it definitely looks the part and is currently for sale with a decent discount, making it well worth looking at today. Is it still worth picking up if you’re looking for a premium thin-and-light laptop?
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
- Display size: 13.9″
- Display Type: 3K LTPS (Low Temperature PolySilicon LCD), sRGB 100%
- Resolution: 3000 x 2000, 260 PPI
- One touch power button
- Colour: Space Grey
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Touchscreen Capability: Yes, Gorilla glass – Anti-fingerprint Coating
- Keyboard: Full-Size Spill- Proof Backlit Keyboard.
- Battery: Lithium Polymer, 57.4 Wh(Typical Capacity) – Up to 12 Hours
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8550U processor
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 with 2 GB GDDR5 / Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- Memory: 16GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz
- Storage: 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD
- Camera: 1MP Front Camera
- Sound: Dolby Atmos
- Ports: USB-A x 1, USB- C x 1, Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C) x 1 and 3.5mm Stereo Jack
- Ethernet Port: No, (WiFi only)
- Dimensions: 14.6mm(D) x 304mm(W) x 217mm(H)
- Weight: Around 1.33kg
As you can see in the CPU-Z images, this Matebook X Pro laptop’s CPU is the quad-core i7-8550U processor, which has a base frequency of 1.8GHz and a maximum Turbo frequency of 4.00GHz. Alongside this is 16GB LPDDR3 RAM running at 2133MHz.
As for graphics, this laptop has both the integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 and the dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX150. The integrated graphics has base clock of 300MHz and a boost clock of 1150MHz, while the MX150 Graphics features 2GB GDDR5 memory, with a base clock of 937MHz with a rated boost clock of 1038MHz.