Having received a few of Corsair's new wireless peripherals for review, today our attention turns to the Dark Core RGB SE. Corsair's first wireless gaming mouse, it boasts an ultra-fast 1ms wireless connection, a high-end PixArt optical sensor and an ergonomic design. Given that the model in for review is the SE – special edition – variant, it also has Qi charging integrated to the mouse itself. At £94.99, is this the killer wireless mouse you've been waiting for?
Watch via our Vimeo Channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
Despite Corsair being new to the wireless game, its K63 Wireless keyboard was very impressive, so there are high hopes for the Dark Core RGB SE. As I mentioned, I was sent the special edition model of the mouse, complete with Qi charging capabilities, but if you don't mind losing out on that feature the standard Dark Core RGB mouse can be had for £10 less than the SE model. Everything else is exactly the same, though, so let's get right to the review.
- Wireless Connectivity: Ultra-fast 1ms 2.4GHz or Bluetooth® 4.2 + LE
- Wired Connectivity: USB 2.0 Type-A
- Battery Charging: Works with Qi® certified wireless chargers or charges via USB to computer
- Battery Type: Built-in lithium-polymer, rechargeable
- Battery Life: Up to 16hrs with standard lighting and 24hrs without backlighting
- Sensor: PMW3367
- Sensor Type: Optical
- Resolution: 100 DPI – 16,000 DPI, with 1 DPI steps
- Comfort: Removable side grip (one pre-installed, one optional)
- On-Board Profiles: 3
- Backlight: 4-Zone RGB
- Buttons: 9
- USB Report Rate: 1000Hz
- Color: Black
- Mouse Feet: Large PTFE
- Cable: 1.8 m / 6 ft., braided fiber, fixed
- CUE (Software): Supported
- Dimensions: 126.8(L) x 89.2(W) x 43.2(H) mm / 5.00”(L) x 3.51”(W) x 1.70”(H)
- Weight (w/o cable and accessories): 128g / 0.28 lbs.
- Warranty: Two years
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here