Although we are big fans of mechanical keyboards here at KitGuru, there is no denying that there are some rather fancy membrane boards in existence too. Roccat’s Skeltr, though, is looking to become the undisputed king of membrane boards, with a host of high-end features, and a price tag to match.
Although you may balk at spending £150 on a membrane keyboard, Roccat hopes that with the inclusion of segregated switches, advanced Bluetooth functionality, smartphone connectivity, a smartphone/tablet stand and of course RGB lighting, that there will be enough to tempt you to pony up the cash.
There are a number of lighting points across the keyboard, as well as a detachable wrist rest, specific macro keys and Roccat’s ever popular Easy Shift function, which essentially doubles the programmable keys on the board. Its Swarm software is impressive too, letting you get a good look at your system details on your smartphone.
- Universal Docking Device Slot: holds all smartphones/tablets + charge via USB.
- Manage Audio: quickly toggle between mobile device and PC audio
- Call Button: take smartphone calls through connected headset.
- Type to Device: toggle between PC & device typing via Bluetooth.
- RGB Illumination: five configurable illumination zones in 16.8m colors.
- ROCCAT® SWARM app: control Skeltr; monitor APM, CPU, GPU, RAM etc.
- POWER-GRID™ and Companion app: ideal for use with computer & game companion apps.
- Detachable wrist rest: easy to add/remove, suits all gaming styles.
- TALK® FX + ALIENFX™ Support: lighting effects for your favorite games.
- Silent and precise typing: with improved rubber dome technology.
- 20-KEY EASY-SHIFT[+]™ zone: for easy key duplication.