Recently we got the chance to take a look at the Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2016 edition, which is a fantastic keyboard but was missing some additional colour. That is where Razer’s Black Widow Tournament Edition Chroma steps in, offering some of the best RGB lighting around as well as the same Razer branded mechanical switches in a smaller ten-keyless form factor.
Razer’s line of Chroma products offer RGB lighting. The Tournament Edition sets itself apart in a few ways but the key selling point here is the smaller form factor, making this a better choice for travelling gamers or those heading to LAN events.
For the last couple of years, Razer has been manufacturing its own specification mechanical switches in partnership with Kailh. Thanks to Razer’s own design tweaks, these switches are rated for swifter actuation and a longer life span.
The model we are looking at today uses the Razer Green ‘clicky’ switches but there is a Razer Orange option available featuring silent switches.
Features and Specifications:
- Chroma Backlighting with 16.8 million Customizable Color Options.
- Compact Layout.
- Razer Mechanical Switches with 50g actuation force.
- 60 million keystroke life span.
- Fully programmable keys with on-the-fly macro recording.
- Detachable braided fiber USB cable with cable strap.
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling.
- Razer Synapse 2.0 enabled.