Roccat’s Kone series of mice has a strong reputation that stretches back years. Today we are looking at the new Kone EMP, a mouse that is actually the successor to 2012’s Kone XTD. Sporting fancy LED strips, an Owl Eye 12K DPI sensor plus Roccat’s ever-present Swarm software, how does the EMP fare in 2017?
Having reviewed plenty of high-end mice recently, including both the Razer DeathAdder Elite and the ASUS ROG Gladius II, it will be very interesting to see how the Roccat Kone EMP fares in comparison.
Read on for a look at the mouse’s features, lighting and performance.
- ROCCAT Owl-Eye Optical Sensor, Unrelenting Pointer Precision with 12000dpi
- ARM Cortex-M0 50MHz Processor, for Industry-leading Computing Speed
- RGB True Colour Illumination, Two Illuminated Stripes in Vivid Colour
- 4D Titan Wheel, Four Directions with Advanced Tilting Tech
- Distance Control Unit, Less Pick-up Flight for Heightened Accuracy
- ROCCAT Swarm Ready, Comprehensive Driver & Software Suite
- ROCCAT Easy-Shift[+], Duplicator Technology: 21 Functions
- 512kB On-board Memory, Stores a Wealth of Macros and Settings
- Pro-Grip Surface, Max Grip Coating with Outstanding Durability
- 1000Hz Polling Rate
- 1ms Response Time
- 50G Acceleration
- 250ips Maximum Speed
- Adjustable Lift-off Distance
- 1.8m Braided USB Cable