The 2-bay TS-251B sits in QNAP's Home & SOHO product line and is the company's first home/SOHO NAS to feature a PCIe expansion slot supporting 10GbE networking, WiFi or USB 3.1 Gen 2 add-in cards. At just over £300, is this worth buying?
At the heart of the TS-251B is an Intel Celeron J3355 dual-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz, with a max boost frequency of up to 2.5 GHz. It is available in two memory options, the TS-251B-2G (our review model) with 2GB of DDR3L memory or the TS-251B-4G with 4GB of DDR3L. The maximum amount of memory supported by the motherboard is 8GB (1866MHz) via the two SODIMM slots which support dual-channel memory.
The TS-251B supports hard drives up to and including 14TB capacities giving an overall storage capacity of 28TB. QNAP quotes Sequential Read/Write performance figures for the TS-251B at 112MB/s for both.
- Processor: Intel Celeron J3355 dual-core 2.0 GHz (burst up to 2.5 GHz).
- Memory: 2GB DDR3L-1866MHz.
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports: 1.
- Rear panel connectors: 3 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 2 x USB 3.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI v1.4b, 1 x speaker, 2 x mic input, 1 x RJ45 Ethernet.
- Front panel connectors: USB 3.0 Type-A Quick Copy.
- PCIe slot: 1 x Gen.2.0 x2.
- RAID support: JBOD, RAID 0, 1.
- Cooling: Active – 1 x 70mm.
- Drive Bays Supported: 2.
- Maximum hard drive size supported: 14TB.
- Maximum Capacity: 28TB.
- Internal File System support: EXT4.
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 226 x 105 x 168mm.
- Weight: 1.53kg.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here