Our enthusiast audience may not have heard of Edifier but they have been around since 1996 basing their company motto on ‘Passion for sound’. The Spinnaker speakers have been awarded an ‘Innovations Design and Engineering Award’ following months of product fine tuning by ex Wharfedale Production Manager Phil Jones. Today we are are looking at the Spinnaker E30 speakers with Bluetooth support.
The Spinnaker e30 certainly wouldn’t be classed as portable speakers, measuring around 15 inches in height the shape is certainly meant to attract the eye. These are expensive speakers priced at £309.99 so we would expect the sound quality to be very good.
The company claim that the ‘abstract’ shape is not only meant to be visually impressive, but a facilitator to enhance audio performance. The unusual shape of the speakers projects the sound towards the listener with a 19mm silk domed, front facing tweeter, a 2 and a three quarter inch mid range driver handling the mid range and high frequencies. Additionally, there is a 4 inch subwoofer in each satellite which projects the sound downwards.
The Spinnaker is Bluetooth enabled which means it can connect to any device which supports both A2DP and AVCRCA profiles for track navigation, play/mute and volume adjustment through the multi-functional dome-shaped remote control.
We will look at the speakers more closely on the next page.
- Bluetooth pairing capability with Bluetooth enabled devices
- A2DP and AVRCA Bluetooth profile support within a distance of 10m radius
- Optical input port for connectivity to multimedia systems, gaming consoles and media centre
- Auxiliary input port for versatile connectivity to external devices
- Uniquely designed dome-shaped, multifunctional wireless remote with an aluminum shell
- Incorporation of digital sound processing technology (DSP) with separate 6-channel digital
- Crossover for effective sound amplification
- Separate super-bass output port for connection to an external subwoofer
- Each speaker is a fully active and tri-amped system for enhanced dynamic and power capabilities