In recent years, Edifier has had great success in the 2.0 speaker market. To spread its reach further, Edifier has begun launching new HiFi speakers as part of the AirPulse brand. We had a look at the AirPulse A200 earlier this year, coming in at a whopping £799. Today we turn our attention to the smaller A100 speakers – priced at up to £659, are these a better deal?
The AirPulse A100 are smaller ‘bookshelf’ class speakers with a glossy finish. It comes in both black and red variants – and as you can see above, our review unit is red. Designed in partnership with audio legend Phil Jones, the AirPulse A100 packs a signature 5″ cast frame under-hung coil woofer with a hard anodised aluminium cone. It also packs a proprietary horn-loaded aluminium ribbon tweeter. On paper, these are already shaping up to be quite impressive.
- Tweeter: Horn Loaded Ribbon Tweeter
- Mid-Woofer: 5″ Aluminum Cone Underhung Design Neo. Power Mid-Woofer
- Amplifier System: Digital Amplifier With Xmos Processor
- Power Output: L/R(Treble):10W+10W, L/R(Woofer): 40W+40W
- Frequency Range: 52Hz-40KHz
- Signal-Noise Ratio: L/R:≥90dB(A)
- Input Mode: AUX, PC, USB, Optical, Bluetooth.
- Up to 192KHz Input Sample Rate on USB and Optical.
- Input Sensitivity: AUX- 450±50mV PC- 550±50mV, USB- 400±50mFFs, Optical- 400±50mFFs, Bluetooth- 500±50mFFs
- Sub Out: 800mV(max)
- Mains Voltage :100-240 V AC/50-60 Hz
- Cabinet Size (WxHxD): 160x283x255mm
- Net Weight: 11 Kg(24.2lbs)
- Gross Weight: 13.4 Kg(29.5lbs)
- Packing Size(HxWxD): 387x489x353mm