Today we are going to look at the MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming motherboard. It's MSI's latest model, targeted at the enthusiast audience, more specifically enthusiast gamers. It boasts an impressive feature set which is specifically tailored for those gamers who want the best possible performance from their system.
MSI are one of the four market leaders, along with Asus, ASRock and Gigabyte. It has been clear that they have been looking to cement their reputation over the past couple of years by releasing numerous enthusiast grade products.
The ‘gaming' series of motherboards differ from MSI's other models in a number of ways. Firstly, they have given the aesthetic design an overhaul by adding metallic red accents to the heatsinks and a dragon design to the chipset. However, the changes aren't just skin deep. All ‘gaming' series motherboards feature a Bigfoot Killer E2200 network chip for optimum performance as well as support for up to 3000 MHz memory. Other improvements include a Sound Blaster Cinema audio codec and a dedicated gaming device USB port.
- The highest frag and the lowest lag with Killer™ E2200.
- Game networking.
- Military Class III components.
- Gaming device port.
- Optimized for multiple graphics cards.
- Boosting performance thanks to OC Genie II.
- Top quality audio solution with Sound Blaster Cinema.
- Supports DDR3 3000 memory for super fast loading.