ASUS’ AM4 offering at the £300 price point is the ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming. Given the ROG treatment, ASUS deploys the usual affair of premium features and compliments them with an impressive 16-phase power delivery system, solid M.2 cooling shrouds, and 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet. If that last point gets your networking brain ticking, there’s also 2.4Gbps-capable Wi-Fi 6 via an Intel adapter.
There are some key areas where ASUS aims to set its ROG products apart from the competitors. One such area is audio. The X570-E Gaming comes equipped with a SupremeFX S1220A audio codec and dual operational amplifiers. You get support for Sonic Radar III, though that may be more of an annoyance than a feature if you’re an FPS gaming aficionado.
Given its X570 chipset, ASUS’ ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming comes equipped with high speed connectivity interfaces galore. You get dual PCIe 4.0 x4 capable M.2 slots in addition to eight back panel 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports. One of the more unique features at this price point is the 2.5Gbps Realtek RTL8125 Ethernet controller. ASRock and Gigabyte competitors charge a higher premium for boards with faster networking chipsets.
The combination of features looks promising, but will the performance prove ASUS’ ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming as a worthy X570 option at the £300 price point?
Features (information taken from the ASUS webpage):
- AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors to maximise connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 GRB headers
- Optimal Power Solution: 12+4 power stages with ProCool II power connector, alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Comprehensive cooling: Active chipset heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm heatpipe, dual on-board M.2 heatsinks and a water pump + header
- Gaming connectivity: Supports PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and features dual M.2 and USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2.5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO, and gateway teaming via GameFirst V
- 5-Way Optimisation: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig
- Gaming audio: High fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220A, DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to draw you deeper into the action
- Easy DIY: ROG-patented pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, ASUS Node connector and BIOS Flashback™ for a friendlier building experience
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here