ASUS’ AM4 offering at the £300 price point is the ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming. Given the ROG treatment, ASUS deploys the usual affair of premium features and compliments them with an impressive 16-phase power delivery system, solid M.2 cooling shrouds, and 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet. If that last point gets your networking brain ticking, there’s also 2.4Gbps-capable Wi-Fi 6 via an Intel adapter.
Watch via our Vimeo channel (below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
There are some key areas where ASUS aims to set its ROG products apart from the competitors. One such area is audio. The X570-E Gaming comes equipped with a SupremeFX S1220A audio codec and dual operational amplifiers. You get support for Sonic Radar III, though that may be more of an annoyance than a feature if you’re an FPS gaming aficionado.
Given its X570 chipset, ASUS’ ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming comes equipped with high speed connectivity interfaces galore. You get dual PCIe 4.0 x4 capable M.2 slots in addition to eight back panel 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports. One of the more unique features at this price point is the 2.5Gbps Realtek RTL8125 Ethernet controller. ASRock and Gigabyte competitors charge a higher premium for boards with faster networking chipsets.
The combination of features looks promising, but will the performance prove ASUS’ ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming as a worthy X570 option at the £300 price point?
Features (information taken from the ASUS webpage):
- AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors to maximise connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 GRB headers
- Optimal Power Solution: 12+4 power stages with ProCool II power connector, alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Comprehensive cooling: Active chipset heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm heatpipe, dual on-board M.2 heatsinks and a water pump + header
- Gaming connectivity: Supports PCIe 4.0, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 and features dual M.2 and USB 3.2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2.5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO, and gateway teaming via GameFirst V
- 5-Way Optimisation: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig
- Gaming audio: High fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220A, DTS® Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to draw you deeper into the action
- Easy DIY: ROG-patented pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, ASUS Node connector and BIOS Flashback™ for a friendlier building experience