NZXT’s foray into the motherboard scene has been welcomed, with the company using established manufacturers while also adding their own flare. The latest addition to the line-up is the N7 B550 – a premium AM4 socket motherboard that caters to audiences loving matte black or white styling alongside NZXT’s usual array of RGB connectors, touted buildability benefits, and CAM software support.
Watch via our Vimeo Channel (Below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
Clearly, NZXT designed the N7 B550 with sleek aesthetics in mind. The dark black PCB is draped over by a gorgeous matte white cover that has a premium and sturdy feel to it. Aesthetic design is, in my opinion, exceptional, and there’s always the matte black version if you’d prefer.
Talking hardware, NZXT drafted in ASRock to build the motherboard and the N7 B550 is roughly based on the B550 Steel Legend from ASRock’s own line-up. There are some useful improvements made by NZXT though – most notably the addition of a brand new WiFi 6E connection and additional RGB and USB headers.
Speaking of USB, that is one area where NZXT was very keen to highlight that they have taken past feedback onboard and improved. Looking at the rear IO, you get access to no less than 10 (!) USB ports, one of which is Type-C.
Coming in at £209.99 in the UK with a 3-year warranty backup, can the NZXT N7 B550 prove that it offers substance as well as style?
Features (information taken from the NZXT documents):
● SMART CONTROLS – The N7 B550 includes key features from our RGB and Fan Controller, allowing intuitive control of four RGB lighting channels and seven fan channels through CAM. Lighting accessories from all manufacturers are supported.
● STUNNING CRAFTSMANSHIP – The N7’s white or black covers provide a clean design that blends seamlessly with your case.
● BUILDING MADE EASIER – The N7 B550 includes Wi-Fi 6E connectivity and utilizes all PCI express lanes available from the CPU and chipset. The N7’s layout streamlines installation with an integrated rear I/O shield and optimally placed headers for easier setup.
● Designed with AMD® B550 Express Chipset
● Supports 3rd Gen AMD™ Ryzen™ processors (3000, 4000, and 5000 Series Processors)
● 12+2 DrMOS Power Phase Design
● Intel® Wi-Fi 6E wireless connectivity and Bluetooth V5.2
● Two M.2 connectors for storage devices
● Supports memory overclocking speeds of up to 4733MHz and XMP
● 8-channel high-definition audio