Last year we took a first look at the new Gamer Storm DQ-M range of power supplies from DeepCool – in a 850 watt capacity. Today we analyse another model in their range – the lower power output 650W model. These power supplies have a healthy 10 year warranty and adopt all Japanese capacitors to aid with long term reliability.
Deepcool are well known in 2019 for their eye catching chassis designs. They have also focused recently on cpu coolers and some power supplies. This particular range of units has three models in the range – a 650W, 750W and 850W model.
Deepcool have partnered up with Channel Well Technology (CWT) for these supplies and the 850W model scored well in our labs in September 2018.
This power supply measures 152 x 88 x 162mm in size and weighs 1.60kg.
|Manufacturer (OEM)||Channel Well Technology|
|Max. DC Output||650W|
|Efficiency||80 PLUS Gold, ETA-A (88-91%)|
|Noise||LAMBDA-A- (25-30 dB[A])|
|Intel C6/C7 Power State Support||✓|
|Operating Temperature (Full Load)||0 – 50°C|
|Over Voltage Protection||✓|
|Under Voltage Protection||✓|
|Over Power Protection||✓|
|Over Current (+12V) Protection||✓|
|Over Temperature Protection||✓|
|Short Circuit Protection||✓|
|Inrush Current Protection||✓|
|Fan Failure Protection||✗|
|No Load Operation||✓|
|Cooling||120mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||152 x 88 x 162mm|
|Form Factor||ATX12V v2.4, EPS 2.92|
This unit is based on a CWT platform and more specific the GPU850V-G. In the Cybenetics scale it scores ETA-A and LAMBDA-A- efficiency and noise certifications and it is also 80 PLUS Gold certified. I was quite surprised to see that DeepCool didn’t adopt a 140mm fan in these units, to keep down noise while producing high airflow if needed.
- Compliant Intel ATX12V v2.31 & EPS 2.92
- 80 PLUS® GOLD certified – Up to 87~90% efficiency (20~100% loading)
- High quality Japanese capacitors can obtain excellent reliability and long service life
- Patented 120mm FDB Bearing fan with double-layer fan-blade, temperature control function, enjoys excellent performance & super low noise
- Full modular design, with longer flat cable, exellent for cable management and increases the cooling capability of system
- Double-Layer EMI Filter protects from electromagnetic interference & restrains noise
- Intelligentized eco-friendly chipset, consume < 0.3W in its off-mode, compliant ERP standard
- CircuitShield™ — OVP, UVP, SCP, OPP
- Compliant Multi-Way SLI / CrossFire + Multi-Core CPUs
- High reliability with an MTBF of at least 120,000 hours of use
- Newly designed gaming style appearance under DEEPCOOL high-end gaming brand: GAMER STORM
- DC to DC design, make it more stable, stronger and higher efficiency
- Ready for AMD Ryzen Threadripper & Intel Skylake LGA2066 CPU