The ASUS ZenBook UX331UN is a phenomenally good ultraportable. It has class-leading battery life when you need it, but also very respectable processor and graphics capabilities when you need those too. It’s also extremely light and thin, and it looks great too.
There are a few niggles. The trackpad, as always, could do with being a centimetre to the left to minimise stray pointer movement, and the keyboard takes a little getting used to if you’re a fast touch-typist. It would also have been useful to have a full-sized SDXC memory card reader.
But when you consider the total package, these are very far from being deal breakers. The screen is also bright, clear, and not as badly affected by bright conditions as some. Best or all, you can pick the ZenBook 13 UX331UN up for £999.
If you’re after super-light notebook that can last all day on battery, then do some serious processing work and gaming when you get back home to the AC power, this ZenBook comes highly recommended.
You can buy the ASUS ZenBook 13 UX331UN for £999.95 inc. VAT from John Lewis HERE.
- Excellent battery life.
- Great graphics performance for an ultraportable.
- Great multi-threaded CPU performance for an ultraportable.
- Thin and light.
- Good looking (fingerprints aside)
- Crisp IPS display.
- Decent array of ports for the size, including full-sized HDMI.
- Harman Kardon speakers a cut above the average for thin and light format.
- MicroSD memory cards only.
- SATA 3 SSD, not NVMe.
- Trackpad prone to accidental pointer movement when touch typing.
- Keyboard needs getting used to.
- Chassis lid finish attracts fingerprints.
KitGuru says: The ASUS ZenBook 13 UX331UN is one of the best 13in ultraportables on the market. It has great battery life and excellent performance, with particularly potent graphics for the form factor.