NEC has announced a new monitor from its professional series featuring a 31-inch IPS panel with true 4096×2160 native 4k resolution, HDR support and 100% coverage of the AdobeRGB colour space.
The NEC MultiSync PA311D will be placed as the flagship monitor in the company’s PA series of professional desktop display series. “It provides higher resolution, along with better black levels and contrast. Further, the PA311D includes USB-C connectivity with 65W charging and several new cutting-edge features to meet the colour-critical needs of professional graphic designers, photographers and video producers,” said Kevin Christopherson, Director of Product Marketing at NEC Display Solutions.
The NEC PA311D will provide accurate colour with every unit being factory calibrated. The PA311D features true 10-bit colour with a 14-bit 3D LUT for excellent accuracy and supports colour spaces including sRGB, Adobe RGB and DCI-P3 as well as standard video colour spaces such as Rec. 709 and Rec. 2100.
In addition, the NEC MultiSync PA311D supports HLG and PQ HDR standards and includes NEC’s custom colour processor, the SpectraView II Engine, which is an always-on backlight sensor that provides stable colour and brightness throughout the entire life of the display, along with a low-latency mode for working with live video. The PA311D also supports picture in picture, picture by picture and ICC profile support simplifies colour-critical workflows.
NEC MultiSync PA311D key features:
- 100% coverage of AdobeRGB colour space
- Superior screen performance (1400:1 contrast ratio, 4096×2160 true 4K native resolution, 350cd/m2 brightness)
- HDR support
- 14-bit 3D internal programmable lookup tables (LUTs) for calibration
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture modes increase productivity by displaying two sources simultaneously
- MultiProfiler™ software provides complete control over the five picture modes, including the loading of any ICC profile directly into the monitor for optimal colour space matching
- DisplaySync ProTM controls three computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- Wide connectivity includes both regular and Mini DisplayPort with 10-bit support, 10-bit HDMI, and USB Type-C with 65W of power delivery
- Human Sensor saves power when not in use
- DisplayPort cable compatibility notice
- NaViSet Administrator 2: Free software solution that greatly eases administration and management of larger display device installations
- Available with SpectraViewII Color Calibration Kit (PA311d-BK-SV)
Additionally, NEC MultiSync PA311D is also touch-capable and is equipped with a 150mm adjustable stand that includes tilt and swivel capabilities with an optional hood available. Another feature of the PA311D is USB Type-C connectivity which is capable of 65W charging. The monitor offers several outputs including DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI with a USB 3.1 hub thrown in for good measure.
NEC has is backed the PA311D with a 4-year manufacturer warranty, the new display will be available sometime in November 2019 with a minimum advertised price of $2,999.
Discuss on our Facebook page HERE.
KitGuru says: the NEC MultiSync PA311D is certainly not aimed at budget professionals with its $2,999 minimum price tag. What do you guys think of this new monitor? would its features and specification outweigh the cost for you?