DiskStation DS1019+ is a 5-bay NAS that sits under Synology's Personal & Home User and SMB banners, due to its positioning as a scalable NAS for small offices and IT enthusiasts. Powered by a quad-core Intel processor backed by 8GB of memory, it also packs a pair of NVMe supporting M.2 ports.
Powered by an Intel Celeron J3455 processor clocked at 1.5GHz (boost up to 2.3GHz) the DiskStation DS1019+ comes in a single 8GB memory option. The memory comes in the shape of a pair of 4GB DDR3L 1866 SO-DIMM in the two SO-DIMM slots. If you feel like you need more memory at a later date, then you are out of luck as, according to the spec sheet, 8GB is the maximum amount of memory supported.
It has an AES-NI hardware encryption engine and a hardware-accelerated transcoding engine which supports H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC), MPEG-2 and VC-1 formats at a maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 (4K) at 30fps.
Synology quotes Sequential throughput performance for the DS1019+ as up to 226MB/s for reads and 222MB/s for writes but a quick heads up, those figures are with both LAN ports being used in Link Aggregation mode.
Synology back the DS1019+ with a 3-year warranty.
- Processor: Intel Celeron J3455
- Memory: 8GB DDR3L 1866MHz
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports: 2
- Rear panel connectors: 2 x 1GbE, 1 x eSATA, 1 x USB3.0
- Front panel connectors: 1 x USB3.0
- RAID support: Synology Hybrid RAID, JBOD, 0, 1, 5, 6, 10
- Cooling: Active, 2 x 92mm
- Drive Bays Supported: 5
- Maximum hard drive size supported: 14TB
- Maximum Capacity: 70TB
- Maximum single volume size: 108TB
- Internal File System support: Btrfs & EXT4
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 223 x 230 x166mm.
- Weight: 2.54kg.
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here