EVGA power supplies have been scoring well in our lab tests now for some time. Their partnership with design manufacturers Seasonic and SuperFlower is in no small part a factor to their continued success. EVGA sent us several of their new P2 models for analysis, and today we take a look at the 650 watt model which retails for around £100 inc vat in the UK.
This is the second EVGA 650 watt power supply we have reviewed in recent months – the 650GS model scored well in our lab tests back in May. The P2 model we are analysing today is a pure modular design and has 80 Plus Platinum certification. While the 650GS was a Seasonic OEM design, the 650 P2 is manufactured by Superflower. EVGA also offer a substantial 10 year warranty with these units, which is certainly reassuring.
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Features:
- Unbeatable 10 Year Warranty and unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
- Highest quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
- Fully Modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
- Double Ball Bearing fan for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
- Heavy-duty protections, including OVP (Over Voltage Protection), UVP (Under Voltage Protection), OCP (Over Current Protection), OPP (Over Power Protection), and SCP (Short Circuit Protection)
- 80 PLUS Platinum certified, with 92% (115VAC) / 94% (220VAC~240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads