Cooler Master has a history of trying to make peripheral packages for gamers on a budget. While we were not overly impressed with the last set up, it did prove at least that it is viable to make a pretty keyboard that does not cost the earth. (review HERE)
Well now it is back to try again, this time adding RGB lighting, Cherry MX keycap compatibility and a clean, matt design to the Masterkeys Lite L combo mouse and keyboard. That goes for the mouse too, which has ditched the transformers styling of the Octane mouse, for a much more traditional, rounded palm-rest design.
Of course looks can be deceiving. While this board may mention its “memchanical,” switches, make no mistake, this is a membrane board. That means we should not go in expecting mechanical comfort or performance, but perhaps Masterkeys Lite offers enough of a package at a competitive enough price, that gamers on a budget will have one more solid option when looking to move beyond stock peripherals.
Features and specifications
- Memchanical switches blend mechanical keycaps with a membrane interface.
- RGB backlighting provides multiple lighting options.
- 26-key anti-ghosting to avoid missed key presses.
- Compatible with Cherry MX keycaps.
- Splash resistant.
- Repeat rate and lighting controls mapped to function keys.
- Infrared Avago 3050 sensor.
- Omron switches for left and right mouse buttons.
- RGB lighting in two different zones.
- Dedicated DPI cycle switch for on-the-fly adjustment.
- Teflon mouse feet.