Corsair Gaming dismayed long-time fans last year when it dropped its famous sales logo in favour of a tribal tattoo. Following fan outrage however, it has made a comeback on the latest line up of products, like the STRAFE gaming keyboard that we are looking at today. Featuring everyone's favourite Cherry MX switches, textured key-cap replacements and a refined red key-bed, the STRAFE still sports a high price tag, but comes with many of the bells and whistles of Corsair's flagship boards.
But are they enough to give this keyboard a solid recommendation? That is what we are here to find out.
Although this is more of a mid-range board than the Corsair Gaming flagship products we have seen previously, it does come with some unique features – most obviously the coloured and textured replacement keycaps. While they may not offer much in the way of a functional change, they do help this board stand out from its contemporaries. Its clean look too is quite different from what else is out there.
- Cherry MX Switches (Red).
- Per-key backlighting offers high-level customisation.
- Fully programmable keys for remapping.
- USB port for connect-through.
- Textured and coloured keycaps for comfort and control.
- Gaming circuitry gives 100 per cent anti-ghosting.
- Easy access to media with built in media keys.