Recently we’ve looked at a number of QNAP NAS units aimed primarily at the SMB end of the market. This time we take a look at a unit at the other end of the spectrum – the entry-level, two bay TS-228A aimed at home users.
The TS-228A is an update to the previous TS-228 with a faster & more capable processor and more modern memory. The TS-288 used a 32-bit 1.1GHz dual cored Realtek RTD1195PN CPU with 1GB of DDR3 memory, whereas the TS-228A uses a Realtek RTD1295 which is a 64-bit quad core CPU clocked at 1.4GHz. The amount of memory in the TS-228A is the same as the previous drive, 1GB, but is now DDR4-2133.
- Processor: Realtek RTD1295 1.4GHz
- Memory: 1GB DDR4 2133MHz
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports: 1
- Rear panel connectors: 2 x USB 2.0
- Front panel connectors: 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1
- RAID support: 0 & 1
- Cooling: Active 1 x 60mm blower fan
- Drive Bays Supported: 2
- Maximum hard drive size supported: 12TB
- Maximum Capacity: 24TB
- Internal File System support: EXT4
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 125 x 90 x 188mm.
- Weight: 1.88kg.