This test system is a bit different for us as we are actually using a Ryzen 7 test bed. This is for a number of reasons, but primarily we imagine many users will be considering pairing the new Ryzen processors with a new RX 500-series graphics card.
We are testing at 1080p and 1440p. We would usually include 4K results too, but for the sake of expediency we have omitted this resolution today. We also know that RX 570/580 cards are not aimed at the 4K gaming market so it is not a significant loss at all.
Test System Components
- Case: Game Max Sapphire RGB case (with 3 intake fans).
- Processor: Ryzen 7 1700 (overclocked to 3.9GHz).
- Memory: 16GB (4x4GB) PNY Anarchy 2800MHz DDR4 (operating at 2666MHz).
- Graphics Card: Variable.
- System Drive: Crucial M4 500GB SSD.
- CPU Cooler: Deepcool Captain 240 EX (pump at 12 volts, fan speed UEFI-limited to reduce noise).
- Power Supply: Seasonic PRIME Platinum 650W.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
General Test System Notes
- AMD Graphics cards were benchmarked with the AMD (Crimson ReLive Edition) 17.4.4 driver.
- Nvidia Graphics cards were benchmarked with the Nvidia (GeForce Game Ready) 381.89 driver.
- The CPU cooler, the Deepcool Captain 240 EX, was set to a fixed low fan speed to further reduce the base noise level while the pump was left to operate at full speed since it produces no significant noise output.
- The CPU was overclocked to 3.9GHz using 1.4 Vcore.
- Each 3D benchmark or game is run 3 times at each resolution with an average result of the three runs taken as the final result for the graphs. Where benchmark screenshots are shown note these may not match the graphed figure since the graph represents the average of three while the screenshot is a single of those three values.
Comparison Graphics Cards List
- AMD RX 480 8GB (1266MHz core, 8000MHz memory)
- ASUS RX 570 STRIX Gaming OC 4GB (1300MHz core, 7000MHz memory)
- Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Founders Edition (1506MHz core, 1708MHz boost, 8008MHz memory)
- Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ Limited Edition 8GB (1450MHz core, 8000MHz memory)
- Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 4GB (1284MHz core, 7000MHz memory)
Software and Games List
- Ashes of the Singularity
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands
- Sapphire Tri-XX
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- SteamVR Performance Test
- Unigine Heaven