Aiming to prove that a £300 spend still nets you a premium X570 motherboard, the ASRock X570 Taichi features a 14-phase power delivery solution, triple M.2 connectors, and 802.11ax WiFi 6.
Fans of RGB should be impressed, too, as there’s little skimping on ASRock’s part when it comes to onboard lighting. You get three onboard lighting zones – the rear IO and chipset areas – in addition to ASRock’s edge LED lighting down the right side of the motherboard. I must say, the glowing edge lighting zone looks superb. That could be an important factor to styling-conscious users who see competing options as frugal when it comes to onboard lighting.
Watch via our Vimeo Channel (Below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
One rather unique factor for the ASRock X570 Taichi is the shroud that covers a large proportion of the motherboard’s expansion slot area. This aluminium piece is held in position with three screws and uses thermal pads to make direct contact with all three M.2 SSDs and the X570 chipset heatsink.
In theory, a big lump of metal for the SSDs to dump their heat onto should be better than the small metal strips that we’re used to seeing. Further testing will indicate whether that’s the case.
Features (information taken from the ASRock webpage):
- Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen™ 2000 and 3000 Series processors
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4Gbps) + BT 5.0
- Supports DDR4 4666+ (OC)
- 3 PCIe 4.0 x16, 2 PCIe 4.0 x1
- NVIDIA® NVLink™, Quad SLI™, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound™ 4 & DTS Connect
- 8 SATA3, 2 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4 & SATA3), 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4)
- 3 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C, Front Type-C), 8 USB 3.2 Gen1 (2 Front, 6 Rear)
- Intel® Gigabit LAN
- ASRock Polychrome SYNC
Be sure to check out our sponsors store EKWB here