MSI’s Tomahawk motherboard SKUs have earned themselves legendary status amongst budget enthusiasts thanks to an ideal blend of features, performance, and pricing. Can the new MSI B550 Tomahawk continue the trend?
Watch via our Vimeo Channel (Below) or over on YouTube at 2160p HERE
The core ‘Tomahawk trend’ is the focus for MSI’s MAG B550 Tomahawk. Central to the motherboard is its 10+2+1 stage power delivery solution with beefy metal heatsinks. MSI adds on valuable features such as cooling strips for both M.2 slots, a 2.5 Gigabit networking connection, and eight 4-pin fan headers.
These core features are clear signs that MSI is opting for the no-nonsense approach with the B550 Tomahawk by preferring solid core components over flashy lights. That is not to say that RGB is completely omitted – you get four headers and a touch of lighting beneath the chipset.
Can the Tomahawk SKU once again prove its value by offering B550 buyers a well-balanced motherboard with the correct set of features?
- Model Name: MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
- CPU Support: 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors and future AMD Ryzen™ processors with BIOS update
- CPU Socket: AMD Socket AM4
- Chipset: AMD B550 Chipset
- Graphics Interface: 1x PCI-E 4.0 x16 slot, 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot, Support 2-way AMD CrossFire™ Technology
- Display Interface: DisplayPort, HDMI – Requires Processor Graphics
- Memory Support: 4 DIMMs, Dual Channel DDR4-4866+(OC)MHz
- Expansion Slots: 2x PCI-E 3.0 x1 slots
- Storag:e 2x M.2 slots, 6x SATA 6Gb/s SATA RAID Supports RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices
- USB Ports: 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps (1 Type-C + 1 Type-A), 5x USB 3.2 Gen 1 5Gbps (1 Type-C + 4 Type-A), 6x USB 2.0
- LAN: Realtek® RTL8125B 2.5G LAN, Realtek® RTL8111H Gigabit LAN
- Audio: 8-Channel(7.1) HD Audio with Audio Boost(ALC1200)