Being part of the Arsenal Gaming series the theme of the packaging is dominated by MSI’s Gaming marketing. The Tomahawk name is representative of the military Tomahawk cruise missile which carries along the whole military theme for MSI’s Gaming series.
As is usually the case with most X99 motherboards connectivity options dominate the feature set – dual LAN, USB 3.1, U.2 & M.2 and so on.
The accessory bundle is sufficient for the motherboard’s calibre as many of the usual X99 motherboard accessories are not needed (M.2 to U.2 adapter for example) or not relevant (WiFi antennae):
- 6 x SATA Cables
- 1 x User manual
- 1 x Sheet of cable labels
- 2 x M-Connectors for front panel cables
- 1 x RGB LED Extension cable (80cm)
- 1 x Driver and utility DVD
- 1 x Registration Document
- 1 x 2-Way SLI bridge connector
No 3-way SLI bridge is a minor annoyance for a motherboard that supports the feature.