Today we are looking at one of Microlab’s high grade speaker systems- The Solo 8c. These speakers promise to deliver powerful, clear sound quality with an appearance to suit placement on a desk or as a part of a home entertainment set up.
We’ve reviewed cheaper offerings from Microlab in the past, including the Solo 6c speakers, the FC360 2.1 speakers and the more recent T1 wireless headset. We have been generally positive so far but now we get a chance to see what Microlab can provide in a higher price bracket.
- High Definition speaker system
- Wooden cabinets for accurate sound reproduction
- Reference Monitor quality standards
- Each speaker is equipped with 1 tweeter and two woofers
- TOSLINK optical and coaxial audio input
- Output power, RMS- 120 Watt RMS
- Power Distribution- 60 Watt x2
- Harmonic distortion- < 0.3% 1W 1kHz
- Frequency Response- 50Hz to 20kHz
- Signal/Noise ratio- > 80 dB
- Separation- > 60 dB
- Tweeter driver type- 1″
- Tweeter impedance- 4 Ohm
- Midrange driver type- 4″
- Midrange impedance- 4 Ohm
- Woofer driver type- 6.5″
- Woofer impedance- 4 Ohm
- Output- Binding posts
- Input- 2RCA’s x2, AUX, PC, TOSLINK Optical and Coaxial.
- Wireless- Infrared (for remote)