Last updated on April 9th, 2019 at 10:46 am
The SPECviewperf 13 benchmark is the worldwide standard for measuring graphics performance based on professional applications. The benchmark measures the 3D graphics performance of systems running under the OpenGL and Direct X application programming interfaces. The benchmark’s workloads, called viewsets, represent graphics content and behavior from actual applications.
The latest version is SPECviewperf 13, released on May 23, 2018. SPECgpc members at the time of V13 release include AMD, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Intel, Lenovo, and NVIDIA.
SPECviewperf 13 is a comprehensive upgrade of previous versions of the benchmark. Medical and energy viewsets incorporate new models and raycasting for volume visualization; the Maya viewset features new models based on the SPECapc for Maya 2017 benchmark; and the Creo viewset has been updated with fresh application traces. All other viewsets have been recompiled with minor changes. Results from SPECviewperf 13 are not comparable to those from earlier versions.
Other major updates in SPECviewperf 13 include:
- Support for 4K resolution displays.
- New reporting methods, including JSON output that enables more robust and flexible result parsing.
- A new user interface that will be standardized across all SPEC/GWPG benchmarks.
- New workloads and scoring that reflect the range of activities found in real-world applications.
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
SPEC has recently released a new version 13 of Viewperf, and this is the first time we have used it for testing, so we merely include these results for future reference.