Last updated on January 4th, 2017 at 04:07 pm
Built around the Skylake Core i5-6200U processor, the Shuttle XPC Nano NC02U5 is perhaps most interesting because it supports a 2.5in disk drive. Whereas most barebones kits typically have just a single spare M.2 connector, the XPC Nano NC02U5 allows users to install any 2.5in drive of their choice – potentially greatly increasing the available storage space.
Over the past few months, we have reviewed a number of mini-PCs. First there was the Gigabyte BRIX Gaming (review HERE), then the latest BRIX with a Kaby Lake CPU (HERE), and most recently a dinky Chromebox from ASUS (HERE). Today, however, we are look at a different option – the Shuttle XPC Nano NC02U5.
In this review, we put the XPC Nano NC02U5 through its paces, assessing build quality, performance and practicality before giving a final verdict.
- Dimensions: 142 x 142 x 42 mm (LWH) = 835 ml
- Weight: 0.4 kg net, 1.2 kg gross
- Includes vertical stand and 75 / 100 mm VESA mount
- Model: Intel Core i5-6200U (ULV)
- Clock rate: 2.3~2.8 GHz
- L1/L2/L3 Cache: 128 kB / 512 kB / 3072 kB
- Memory controller: DDR3L-1600 Dual Channel (1.35 V)
- TDP wattage: 15 W maximum
- Intel HD graphics 520 (Intel HD Gen. 9)
- Supports simultaneous dual-display output
- External 65 W power adapter (fanless)
- Input: 100~240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, max. 1.6 A
- Output: 19 V DC, max. 3.42 A, max. 65 W
- 2x 204-pin SO-DIMM slot
- Supports DDR3L-1600 (PC3-12800) SDRAM at 1.35 V
- Maximum of 16GB per SO-DIMM, total of 32GB maximum memory supported
- Supports one Serial ATA hard disk or one SATA SSD drive in 6.35 cm / 2.5″ format
- Integrated SD card reader
- M.2 Slot for SSDs (PCIe or SATA) (type 2242, 2260, 2280).
- Gigabit LAN
- Built-in M.2-2230-A/E WLAN card and internal antenna
- Front panel connectors: USB 3.0 type A, USB 3.0 type C, SD card reader (supports SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- Back Panel connectors: DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4b, 2x USB 2.0, Gigabit LAN (RJ45), combo audio jack, DC input, 2x perforation for optional external WLAN antennas
- Left Side connectors: Serial RS232 COM port (D-Sub, 9-pin)
RRP: £398.40 inc. VAT