With both AMD’s RX 500-series GPUs and Ryzen 5 processors launching over the past few weeks, Fierce PC thought it would be a good idea to bring both components together in an all-AMD gaming rig. Priced at £1199.95, does the Blackfire Hammerhead hit the price-to-performance sweet-spot?
While I have seen a few different PCs with Ryzen processors over the past month, this is the first all-AMD system I have seen in nearly a year. A lot has happened since then, so it will be very interesting to see how the Fierce PC Blackfire Hammerhead gets on with our testing. In this review, we look at build quality, performance and pricing before giving our final verdict.
- Game Max Onyx RGB Mid Tower ATX 3 x RGB Fans Tempered Glass Sides & Front
- AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5Ghz (3.7Ghz Turbo) Quad-Core Processor
- Overclocked at 3.8GHz
- AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB Graphics Card
- Aorus AX370-Gaming 5 Motherboard
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz DDR4 Memory (2 x 8GB)
- 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
- 2TB Seagate FireCuda Solid State Hybrid Drive
- Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 230V 600W 80+ Power Supply with black cable extensions
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- 3 Year Protect Warranty (Return to Base – 3 year labour, 1 yr Parts)
Price: £1199.95 delivered