Cooler Master describes the MasterKeys Pro M as a ‘hybrid TKL (ten-keyless)’ board because it combines the numpad and the arrows keys to save space. This is certainly an interesting idea, and with per-key RGB backlighting as well as Cherry MX switches, it certainly appeals on paper. Does it do enough to justify the £139.99 MSRP?
Having recently looked at the Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro S White, today our attention turns to the MasterKeys Pro M RGB. I am particularly interested to test out the hybrid nature of the keyboard – combining the numpad and the arrow keys is certainly innovative, but we will have to see how it works in practice. Read on for our full analysis of the build quality, on-board features and performance.
- Switch Type: Cherry MX Brown
- Material: Plastic / Metal
- Colour: Black
- LED Colour: RGB
- Polling Rate: 1000 Hz
- Repeat Rate: 1x / 2x / 4x / 8x
- Response Rate: 1ms
- MCU: 32bit ARM Cortex M3
- On board Memory: 512KB
- On-the-fly system: Macro Record and Lighting
- Cable: Detachable, braided, 1.5m
- Dimensions: 377 * 141 * 38 mm
- Product Weight: 1025g (without cable)
- Warranty: 2 years