Retrofitted with Gigabytes new pin-enhanced socket, the X99-Gaming 5P is targeting enthusiast gamers with an eye for multi-GPU configurations and an ear for high-quality audio hardware. Can the red and black-themed design appeal to gamers shopping for a mid-priced X99 motherboard?
Branded as part of the G1 Gaming series, Gigabyte’s X99-Gaming 5P motherboard features support for up to 4-way SLI and CrossFire, or fewer cards with preferable spacing arrangements. Designated AMP-UP Audio, the sound hardware has been upgraded from Gigabyte’s usual design and now features a Creative-based configuration that revolves around the quad-core Creative Sound Core3D processor and an upgradeable op-amp.
With enough storage and connectivity offerings to keep many gamers happy, as well as the likelihood of better overclocking from Gigabyte’s updated socket with extra pins (that’s what the ‘P‘ indicates), can the X99-Gaming 5P appeal to gamers eying up Intel’s HEDT platform?
- Support for DDR4 XMP up to 3333MHz
- Genuine All Digital Power Design with IR Digital PWM & IR PowIRstage® ICs
- 4-Way Graphics with Premium PCIe Lane
- Dual M.2 Technology for SSD Drive and WIFI card
- Onboard Creative Sound Core3D™ quad-core audio processor
- AMP-UP Audio technology with exclusive Upgradable OP-AMP
- LED lighting for the audio guard light path and the back panel LED
- Quad DAC-UP USB ports
- High end Nichicon audio capacitors
- Killer™ E2200 gaming networking
- Long lifespan Durable Black™ Solid caps
- APP Center including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ utilities
- Thunderbolt™ Ready
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ with Q-Flash Plus USB port