Our newest GPU test procedure has been built with the intention of benchmarking high-end graphics cards. We test at 1920×1080 (1080p), 2560×1440 (1440p), and 3840×2160 (4K UHD) resolutions.
We try to test using the DX12 API if titles offer support. This gives us an interpretation into the graphics card performance hierarchy in the present time and the near future, when DX12 becomes more prevalent. After all, graphics cards of this expense may stay in a gamer’s system for a number of product generations/years before being upgraded.
We tested the RX Vega64 and Vega56 using the ‘Turbo‘ power mode in AMD’s WattMan software. This prioritises all-out performance over power efficiency, noise output, and lower thermals.
- All AMD graphics cards were benchmarked with the Adrenalin 19.9.2 driver.
- All Nvidia graphics cards were benchmarked with the Nvidia 436.48 driver.
We test using the Overclockers UK Germanium pre-built system, though it has been re-housed into an open-air test bench. You can read more about it over HERE.
Intel Core i7-8700K
Overclocked to 5.0GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
Team Group Dark Hawk RGB
16GB (2x8GB) @ 3200MHz 16-18-18-38
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
|Games Drive||Crucial M4 512GB|
|Chassis||Streacom ST-BC1 Bench|
OCUK TechLabs 240mm AIO
Corsair AX1500i 80+ Titanium PSU
Windows 10 1903
Comparison Graphics Cards List
- Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition (FE) 11GB
- Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER Founders Edition (FE) 8GB
- Nvidia RTX 2070 SUPER Founders Edition (FE) 8GB
- Nvidia RTX 2060 SUPER Founders Edition (FE) 8GB
- Nvidia RTX 2060 Founders Edition (FE) 6GB
- Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti OC 6G
- Gigabyte GTX 1660 Gaming OC 6G
- Palit GTX 1650 StormX OC 4GB
- Nvidia GTX 1060 Founders Edition (FE) 6GB
- AMD RX 5700 XT 8GB
- PowerColor RX 5700 XT Red Devil 8GB
- Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ 8GB
- AMD RX 5700 8GB
- AMD Radeon VII 16GB
- AMD RX Vega 64 Air 8GB
- AMD RX Vega 56 8GB
- Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+ SE 8GB
- Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
- ASUS RX 570 ROG Strix Gaming OC 4GB
Software and Games List
- 3DMark Fire Strike & Fire Strike Ultra (DX11 Synthetic)
- 3DMark Time Spy (DX12 Synthetic)
- 3DMark Port Royal (DXR Synthetic)
- Battlefield V (DX12)
- The Division 2 (DX11)
- F1 2019 (DX12)
- Far Cry New Dawn (DX11)
- Gears 5 (DX12)
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands (DX11)
- Metro: Exodus (DX12)
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War (DX11)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (DX12)
- Total War: Three Kingdoms (DX11)
We run each benchmark/game three times, and present averages in our graphs.