Our newest GPU test procedure has been built with the intention of benchmarking high-end graphics cards. We test at 1920×1080 (1080p), 2560×1440 (1440p), and 3840×2160 (4K UHD) resolutions.
We try to test using the DX12 API if titles offer support. This gives us an interpretation into the graphics card performance hierarchy in the present time and the near future, when DX12 becomes more prevalent. After all, graphics cards of this expense may stay in a gamer’s system for a number of product generations/years before being upgraded.
- All AMD graphics cards (except RX 5600 XT) were benchmarked with the Adrenalin 20.1.1 public driver.
- RX 5600 XT graphics cards were benchmarked with the Adrenalin 20.1.1 driver supplied to press.
- All Nvidia graphics cards were benchmarked with the Nvidia 441.87 public driver.
We test using the Overclockers UK Germanium pre-built system, though it has been re-housed into an open-air test bench. You can read more about it over HERE.
Intel Core i7-8700K
Overclocked to 5.0GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
Team Group Dark Hawk RGB
16GB (2x8GB) @ 3200MHz 16-18-18-38
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
|Games Drive||Crucial M4 512GB|
|Chassis||Streacom ST-BC1 Bench|
OCUK TechLabs 240mm AIO
Corsair AX1500i 80+ Titanium PSU
Windows 10 1903
Comparison Graphics Cards List
- Nvidia RTX 2060 SUPER Founders Edition (FE) 8GB
- Nvidia RTX 2060 Founders Edition (FE) 6GB
- Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti Gaming OC 6G
- EVGA GTX 1660 SUPER SC Ultra 6GB
- Palit GTX 1650 SUPER StormX OC 4GB
- Nvidia GTX 1060 Founders Edition (FE) 6GB
- Sapphire RX 5600 XT Pulse 6GB
- Sapphire RX 5500 XT Pulse 4GB
- ASRock RX 5500 XT Challenger OC Edition 8GB
- AMD RX 5700 8GB
- AMD RX Vega 56 8GB
- Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+ SE 8GB
Software and Games List
- 3DMark Fire Strike & Fire Strike Ultra (DX11 Synthetic)
- 3DMark Time Spy (DX12 Synthetic)
- Battlefield V (DX12)
- The Division 2 (DX11)
- F1 2019 (DX12)
- Far Cry New Dawn (DX11)
- Gears 5 (DX12)
- Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (DX11)
- Metro: Exodus (DX12)
- Middle Earth: Shadow of War (DX11)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (DX12)
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (DX12)
- Total War: Three Kingdoms (DX11)
We run each benchmark/game three times, and present averages in our graphs.