Posts Tagged ‘OfCom’
0 CommentsPosted by Matthew Wilson on October 11, 2013 under Mobile
If you thought 4G data prices were bad now, wait until you hear this: Ofcom, the UK communications regulator wants to quadruple the price of licensing 4G signal bands for networks. If the network is g... more.
1 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on September 16, 2013 under Channel
British broadcasting watchdog, OfCom, has conducted a study of piracy and online activity without interference from the media industry or its lobby groups and has found that piracy isn't perpetrated b... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on January 3, 2013 under Channel, Mobile
British telecoms regulator OfCom has announced its intention to push for a law change on current mobile contracts. It wants it to be possible for consumers to leave their mobile, landline or broadband... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on December 11, 2012 under Channel
Finally the ball is starting to roll with next-generation British mobile broadband, with the auction applications for the 4G spectrum beginning in earnest. Mobile providers have until 4PM today to sub... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on October 18, 2012 under Channel
Considering the back and forth arguing of the different mobile providers in the UK about how the 4G auction should be completed, you'd be forgiven for not believing that they've now banded together to... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on October 2, 2012 under Channel, Mobile
Finally the big mobile operators have begun to shake hands over how the auction for 4G services will take place this year, with the agreement between them all expecting to be signed tonight - presumab... more.
1 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on September 27, 2012 under Channel
Talk Talk has been crowned the king of horrible ISPs, after it was announced that it had received the most complaints about its services between Apil and June this year. For every 100,000 customers, i... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on August 21, 2012 under Channel, Mobile, Network
In a move that isn't likely to please the other mobile companies, OfCom has granted Everything Everywhere (formerly Orange and T-Mobile) approval for using its existing 1800 MHz spectrum to offer 4G d... more.
0 CommentsPosted by Jon Martindale on July 24, 2012 under Mobile
OfCom released its report on the 4G spectrum auction earlier today, suggesting that it would take place later this year, finally bringing the high speed network to consumers sometime in late 2013. In ... more.
KitGuru FacebookLatest News
- John Romero: I cannot see how VR is going to be popular... Filed under: Gaming Rig, Monitors, Peripheral, Software & Gaming
- Intel Core i7-5960X ‘Haswell-E’ de-lidded: interesting discoveries made... Filed under: CPU
- Nvidia to release three GeForce GTX 800 graphics cards this October... Filed under: Graphics
- Microsoft may cease using Lumia brand – report... Filed under: Smartphone
- We’re finally going to see the ET landfill documentary... Filed under: Software & Gaming
- Windows 9 preview could arrive... Filed under: Operating Systems
- Asus Z97-A Motherboard Preview... Filed under: Highlights-new, Motherboard
- Watch IGN staffers crap themse... Filed under: Software & Gaming
- Sapphire Edge VS video with a ... Filed under: APU
- Windows 8 disaster? More broke... Filed under: Operating Systems
KitGuru Gaming - Reviews and News
amazon AMD Android Apple Asus ATI competition core ea facebook GCN Google Intel ios ipad iPhone kim dotcom kitguru KitGuru News Launch microsoft New news nintendo nvidia Oculus Rift piracy Playstation 4 ps4 radeon Review samsung Smartphone Software & Gaming sony ssd steam tablet technology news valve wii u WIndows windows 8 xbox xbox one